Thursday, June 10, 2010

"I'm a great fan of your work. Are you doing any?"

(The title of this post is thanks to a short note written to Milton Mayer by Robert M. Hutchins, by the way)

Yes.

I realize it has been a while sine I have posted any updates, but there is a lot underway behind the scenes, and all of it is good, and all of it will (eventually) make it out to see the light of day. Here are the highlights:

1) I am at work researching a long article on the Bible (or is it Bibles) found in the wreckage of United flight 93 during the September 11th attacks. The article will appear over at Jim Watts's Iconic Books blog, but I'll make sure to note it here, as well.

2) I was recently in St. Louis and I had the chance to visit with the archivists at Concordia Seminary, and take a look at some of their rare Bibles. I will have some reportage of that posted later this week.

3) And yes, I am still at work finishing the book for Yale. It is going well, though slower than I would like (thanks to a wonderful daughter who is very cute and time-consuming)

So that's it for now. I'll update more as things come on tha horizon. Meanwhile, thank you for reading!

No comments: